- Your ENBREL medication
- ENBREL syringes or injectors in their original containers
- A sharps container for easy needle disposal
- ENBREL Travel Kit (see Travel Kit for more information)
- A copy of your prescription
Remember, ENBREL can be kept at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F for up to 14 days, which means you may be able to travel for up to 2 weeks with ENBREL without needing to keep it refrigerated. Also, remember that once ENBREL reaches room temperature, you cannot put it back in the fridge.
What to bring in a travel bag
How to store ENBREL on a trip
- ENBREL can be stored at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F for up to 14 days
- If you’re traveling somewhere with extreme heat or cold, or if you will be traveling for more than 14 days, please contact ENBREL Support® or your Specialty Pharmacy before your trip for guidance on refrigeration while traveling
- Pack ENBREL in carry-on baggage
- Refrain from shaking your ENBREL
- Always keep your ENBREL and other medicines out of the reach of children
- You can request an ENBREL Travel Kit to help you (see Travel Kit for more information)
How to navigate security checkpoints
- At the start of the screening process, tell the TSA officer you have medically required liquids in a zip-top bag
- Your ENBREL medication may be subject to additional screening, which may include opening the medication container
- Medications in liquid form in excess of 3.4 ounces are allowed in carry-on baggage at reasonable quantities
- Medication is usually screened by X-ray. X-ray screeners at TSA checkpoints should not affect your Enbrel. However, you may ask beforehand for a hand inspection
- Be sure to review the TSA Travel Guidelines for the most current regulations
ENBREL Travel Kit
It’s important that you don’t miss your injection when traveling. ENBREL Support® can provide you with a travel kit if needed, which includes the ENBREL Travel Card. You can request a travel kit through ENBREL Support® by calling 1-888-4ENBREL (1-888-436-2735).
You can also contact ENBREL Support® or your Specialty Pharmacy if you have any questions about refrigerating ENBREL while traveling.