Talk with Your Child's Doctor About
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)

If you think your child might have moderate to severe juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), it's important to see a rheumatologist. Although your family doctor may be able to diagnose the cause of your child's symptoms, it's a good idea to see a rheumatologist if you suspect your child has JIA or any other type of arthritis. A rheumatologist is a doctor who helps people with problems in the joints, bones, and muscles. Find a rheumatologist in your area.

Get a thorough examination

Make sure your child gets a thorough examination. Your child's rheumatologist may look for polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, ie, JIA with inflammation in 5 or more joints. Doctors take several steps to distinguish it from other conditions. Your child's rheumatologist will review your child's medical history. He or she will conduct a physical examination, including a detailed examination of the joints.

Get the right diagnosis for your child's condition

An accurate diagnosis is a key first step in finding out if your child has moderate to severe polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis and exploring whether ENBREL may be right for him or her. There is no single test for JIA. If your child's rheumatologist suspects moderate to severe polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, he or she may order x-rays, laboratory tests, and tests of joint fluid and tissue to make the diagnosis. Your rheumatologist will work with you, your child, and your family doctor to design an appropriate treatment plan.

Ask helpful questions

How does juvenile idiopathic arthritis affect my child?

You play an important role in managing your child's juvenile idiopathic arthritis. It's a good idea to regularly talk with your child's rheumatologist. We have created a list of helpful questions to take with you to your child's rheumatologist to discuss his or her JIA and the possible treatments.

Please see Prescribing Information, Important Safety Information, and Medication Guide for complete details about ENBREL.

Prescription ENBREL is taken by injection.


Moderately to Severely Active Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)
ENBREL is indicated for reducing signs and symptoms of moderately to severely active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) in children ages 2 years and older.

With ENBREL Support™, help is available to you

Access a variety of resources at no cost, including registered nurses and insurance specialists.

With ENBREL Support, help is available to you